Neck pain is one of the more common complaints. Neck pain generally is a short-term ailment, while at other times it can be a more serious, chronic problem. Neck pain can also be because of a neck injury or strain.
There are many causes of neck pain such as worn joints, muscle strains, nerve compression, diseases, or injuries. Neck injuries and pain can occur at any time and for a variety of reasons, but such factors as your age and occupation may contribute to your pain. Common causes of neck pain include:
- Arthritis of the neck
- Cervical Disc Herniation (Herniated discs in the neck)
- Cervical Sprain/Strain
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Muscle Spasm
- Neck Strain because of poor posture or extended use of the computer
- Neck Injury including sports injuries, whiplash, and car accidents
- Nerve Impingement
- Neck pain that affects your daily life
- Numbness or loss of strength in your arms or hands
- Change in bladder or bowel habits
- Inability to touch your chin to your chest
- Shooting pain into your shoulder or arm
At Lumin PainCARE, personalized neck pain treatment plans are designed for each individual patient by our expert neck pain doctors. Once in the office, a pain expert will examine you and check for tenderness in your neck, numbness or weakness and range of motion and by assessing whether a nerve has been pinched.
Lumin PainCARE offers a wide variety of non-surgical neck pain treatments including; Physical therapy, Facet injections and Trigger Point Injections.